There were no tourists on board the Gozo Sightseeing bus that shocked passers-by as it was engulfed in flames earlier on Tuesday.

The incident happened at 11:15am in Fortunato Mizzi Str, in Victoria, Gozo.

The hop-on hop-off service is popular with tourists, but was empty at the time.

Witnesses said that the double-decker vehicle blocked traffic on Gozo’s main road.

Videos uploaded to Facebook appear to show fire coming from the engine at the rear of the vehicle.

The police have not reported any injuries, and the fire was put out by members of Civil Protection and the police.

Speaking to Times of Malta, operator of the Gozo Sightseeing bus, Ennio Farrugia, confirmed there was only the driver on board the bus at the time of the incident. He also said that a private investigation is being set up to establish the cause of the fire.

Related

euros money

Inflation continues downward trend

May 23, 2024
by Robert Fenech

Annual inflation rate dropped to just 1.6% in April 2024

‘Training and consultancy are crucial for the future of family businesses’ – Dr Joseph Gerada

May 22, 2024
by Sarah Muscat Azzopardi

The Family Business Office Regulator shares recent milestones and what we can expect in the months to come

MFSA urges to financial institutions to clearly list their payment accounts services, terms and fees

May 21, 2024
by Anthea Cachia

Financial institutions were assessed through 50 online or offsite interactions