employment contract

The number of persons registering for work in December 2023 stood at just 955, a decrease of 91 over corresponding month in 2022.

The vast majority of these had been looking for work for under 21 weeks. Among those who had been registering for work for over one year, there was a drop of seven people.

Registered unemployment levels decreased across all age groups, while males continued to be overrepresented, accounting for 67.2 per cent of total registrants, with females accounting for the remaining 32.8 per cent.

In December 2023, the number of persons with a disability who were registering for work increased by one when compared to the previous year, reaching 229 persons. Males accounted for 76.2 per cent of total registrants with a disability.

Registered enumployment (NSO 20/2024)

The largest shares of persons, both for males and females, on the unemployment register sought occupations as clerical support workers, with the respective proportions standing at 23.8 per cent and 40.9 per cent.

Related

Gaming iGaming gambling betting

Malta-headquartered gaming company fined €19.6m by Dutch gambling regulator

March 3, 2024
by Helena Grech

Gammix Limited has strongly refuted the fine, saying it was based on ‘“falsified data, extreme inaccuracy and highly suspect mathematics’

MFSA Company Service Providers reform ‘reduces sector’s risk levels’

March 2, 2024
by BN Writer

As a result of the reform, all professionals and individuals operating as CSPs are now being captured within the MFSA’s ...

Sofia inquiry shows need for construction contractor insurance, say insurance brokers

March 1, 2024
by Robert Fenech

The Association of Insurance Brokers was ‘disappointed’ in the ‘watered down’ legislation for contractors’ licensing