Deputy Prime Minister and Health Minister Chris Fearne revealed that on Friday (tomorrow), together with Culture Minister Jose Herrera, details will be shared on the conditions in which cultural and social events can resume from July onwards.
“Tomorrow, together with Minister Jose Herrera, we will announce how, from July onwards, we will open some activities in a limited and controlled manner for those with a vaccine certificate, so that cultural and social life can restart.”
Minister Fearne was speaking at a press conference on Thursday morning.
A broad campaign by the club and entertainment sector, Restart, together with the Malta Entertainment Industry and Arts Association (MEIA), have issued strong criticism and decried being the only sector left out of Malta’s reopening plan.
Following repeated discussions and sustained pressure, the authorities announced that from July some events may resume for those with a vaccine certificate, however, to date, no details surrounding capacity and protocols have been shared.
This is to change on Friday, according to Minister Fearne.
He hailed the COVID situation in Malta, saying it is under control, but cautioning that the same cannot be said for the pandemic situation globally. He said restrictions lifted so far, such as the reopening of restaurants and shops, have not led to a spike in cases but that continued relaxation of restrictions must take place in a cautious manner.
More than 10 per cent of Maltese enterprises struggle to find ICT specialists
The due diligence applied ensures the focus is on quality, not quantity
The half-day event hosted panel discussions on tackling burnout and technology for gender equality