MGA

For the first time, the CEO of the Malta Gaming Authority will be nominated following a public call for applications.

“This is the first time that the highest post within the authority will be filled after a public call, thus this enhances the transparency and credibility at which the CEO of the authority will be appointed”, said Economy Minister Schembri, adding that such a stance complements the Authority’s work in safeguarding the Maltese jurisdiction in the field.

Minister Schembri added that the same is being done in other entities and authorities, and the MGA’s public call demonstrates the autonomy of key institutions as well as the government’s commitment in carrying out open calls of this kind across the board whilst providing the necessary tools and resources in their day-to-day operations.

Applications for this post close on Monday 4th January at noon. For more details, visit here 

The former MGA CEO, Heathcliff Farrugia, resigned in October 2020 along with his righthand man, Karl Brincat Peplow, the chief officer in charge of authorisation.

Mr Farrugia had been appointed to the helm of the MGA back in 2014

Media reports said the two were reportedly planning on setting up a joint venture.

Related

‘Inexcusable’ power cuts ‘very bad marketing’ for Product Malta, say tourism and hospitality associations

July 17, 2024
by Robert Fenech

Malta is once again suffering regular widespread power cuts during the peak summer season

One in five home loans issued for secondary or buy-to-let properties – Central Bank of Malta

July 17, 2024
by Robert Fenech

Malta's real estate market has been fuelled by a growing demand for rentals

Employers ‘not convinced’ that new H&S bill will address known safety issues

July 17, 2024
by Robert Fenech

The Malta Employers Association fears that a new law being pushed through parliament will ‘indiscriminately increase burdens’ on companies